Taking study breaks is a very common phenomenon among students who seek to study in the US. Most students take a break from their studies for the preparation of entrance exams to study at an American university. However, sometimes taking a study gap can be very disastrous for you. So, to help you out, today we are going to share with you everything you need to know about study gaps in USA.
Why Do Students Who Seek to Study at an American University Take a Gap Year?
There can be many reasons why students who seek to study in America might take a gap year. For instance, they might take a break from their studies due to financial problems or family problems. However, a majority of students take a break before pursuing higher studies to improve their academics. Why? Because a good academic score can make it very easy for a student to get admission to an American learning institution. Following are some of the key reasons why many international students take a break before pursuing higher studies:
- To pursue their hobbies or take up some sort of voluntary work.
- To prepare themselves for entrance exams to study at an American university.
- They don’t have adequate funds for covering their education cost in the USA. To learn about various ways to arrange adequate funds for studying in America feel free to contact our Overseas Education Consultants For USA.
- Family issues.
- They want to pursue a job or internship first. Why? Because it helps them boost their chances of getting admission to a top American training institution.
- They want to pursue a short-term certification course.
How Much Gap Is Acceptable for Studying at an American Training Institution?
The American education system is very strict when it comes to giving admission to international students. Thus, if you take unnecessary breaks from studies then it may turn out to be very disastrous for you. In other words, you might struggle to get admission to a top American training institution. However, a study break of one year is acceptable in most American universities. But you will need a solid reason for justifying your study break. Additionally, if you take a break of more than a year due to a job then it is also acceptable in the US. Following are some of the reasons that make study breaks acceptable in America:
- You took a job to learn new skills or enhance your skill set.
- You took an internship for gaining work experience.
- Financial reasons.
- You took a voluntary job to contribute to society. However, you will require proper proof to justify your study break.
What Are the Benefits and Disadvantages of Study Gaps in USA?
Following are the pros and cons of taking study gaps in USA:
- It allows you to explore your study options before you join a university.
- By taking a study break you can reduce your stress levels.
- It gives you adequate time to improve your skills. Moreover, it also allows you to gain work experience which will eventually improve your employability.
- It allows you to work on your personality/character development.
- By taking a study break you can take up voluntary work to contribute to society. However, you will require proper proof to justify your study break.
- You can learn about the culture of your study destination before moving to it for your studies.
- You get enough time to arrange funds for your overseas education.
- By taking a study gap you get adequate time to prepare an appealing CV/statement of purpose for yourself.
- You can pursue short courses during the study break. Furthermore, it will also help you boost your value as a professional after graduation. To learn about the best short-term courses that you can pursue before moving to America for higher education you can contact our Study in USA Consultants in Chandigarh.
- You can use the study gap to learn the language of your chosen study destination.
- It can put a halt to the candidate’s academic momentum.
- You may lose lots of valuable time if you don’t properly utilize your available time.
- You may end up wasting your funds by not utilizing your time properly.
- The candidates who take the gap must accept the fact that they will be one year behind.
- It might make you lazy toward work.
- It might reduce your chances of getting admission to a top American learning institution.
- Study breaks might create a sense of loneliness.
- It might reduce your overall confidence. As a result, you may struggle to crack the admission interview.
Which Countries Accept Study Gaps?
Apart from America, many other countries also accept study breaks. Following are the different countries that accept study breaks:
- New Zealand
- Germany, etc.
Now you are aware of all the things that you need to know about study gaps in USA. So, do keep this information in your mind if you are thinking about taking a study break. If you do this then you won’t face any difficulty in getting admission to an American university despite the study gap. However, we recommend you avoid taking study breaks. Why? Because it might reduce your chances of getting admission to top American educational institutions.
i’m Abbas founder of review-informations.com. I am a professional seo export and a blogger. i’m provide high quality content.