Schengen is a European Union zone made up of 27 zones that have a single visa policy. All the applicants planning to apply for a Schengen visa from India have to submit the required documents on time with the visa application. Schengen is the world’s largest visa-free zone for its member countries. So, yes applicants applying from India can only obtain a Schengen visa easily if they submit documents correctly, submit each document that is mandatory for the visa application and book documents like travel insurance for Schengen visa.
The Schengen area welcomes both natives and visitors from all around the world, including applicants from India as well. Although certain countries can travel without a visa to any Schengen country but India is not one of them.
Guide For Applicants Applying From India
All applicants must go through a comprehensive application process to obtain a Schengen visa from India. Understanding how the application process works and what is expected of you will reduce stress and increase your chances of acquiring a visa to enter any Schengen zone.
To make the process of obtaining a visa easier for applicants of India, we have addressed some of the common queries of applicants.
Who Is Eligible To Apply For A Schengen Visa In India?
If you are planning to apply for the Schengen visa, you must fall into one of the following categories to be eligible to apply for a visa:
- Passport holders from India.
- Third-world nationals who require a visa to enter Europe and reside in India under a permanent or temporary residency permit.
Is It Possible To Obtain A Schengen Visa On Arrival?
No, Indian citizens cannot obtain a Schengen visa on arrival. They have to apply for it just like one has to apply for a visa. To go to one or more of the 26 Schengen nations for work, transit, travel, or other reasons, all Indian passport holders must apply for a Schengen visa.
Indians can obtain a Schengen visa for up to 90 days of stay, with a validity period of six months. You may need a Multiple Entry visa if you want to visit more than one country on the Schengen Visa.
What Documents Are Required For An Indian Schengen Visa?
If you intend to visit only one of the Schengen countries, you must apply for a visa for that country only. However, if you intend to visit multiple Schengen countries, apply for a Schengen visa and specify which country would be your top destination.
You may require the following documents to obtain a visa:
- Accommodation requires an invitation from the host and one or more supporting documents.
- All candidates travelling must complete and sign a Visa Application Form.
- 2 current passport-size pictures taken within the last three months. Each photograph should be 35X45 mm in size with a matte background.
- A passport that is no more than ten years old and has a minimum validity of three months.
- Flight reservation for visa to and from each country.
- The entire travel itinerary.
- Proof of dummy hotel bookings.
- Proof of travel insurance for Schengen visa that provides up to €50,000 in medical coverage
- Proof of financial means, such as a bank statement for the previous three months. If you have a financial sponsor, then use that letter.
How Can I Get A Schengen Visa From India?
The application process for a Schengen Visa is simple and applicants do not need to worry about its complex procedures. You may proceed for Schengen visa by following these steps:
- Visit the Schengen Embassy’s website to obtain a visa application form. Get the form here.
- Fill out the form’s details and sign it before submitting it.
- Gather all of the paperwork required for the visa. Submit them to the visa centre together with the visa application form.
- If you are only visiting one nation, the visa will be issued by that country’s Embassy/Consulate.
- If you are visiting more than one nation, submit the visa at the centre of the country where you will be staying for a longer period. If the number of days spent in each nation is the same, apply for a visa in the country where you will spend the most time.
- Make an appointment for visa processing.
- Attend the interview and then pick up your passport.
Note: We are doing our best to provide you with the most reliable and updated information possible. However, visa rules and regulations may be modified at any time by the consulate of your country of choice. Consequently, we can not be held accountable for these changes. So be sure to contact the appropriate embassy or consulate to obtain the specific terms and conditions in effect at the moment of the submission of your visa application.