Bachelor of Science in Optometry is an introductory course in Optometric. The course is offered with an aim to provide extensive training and medical knowledge about the human eye. It is an undergraduate course that familiarizes the students with the mechanism of a human eye. Students also get to learn about a variety of medical equipment that is a part of the eye treatment. Let’s know more about BSc Optometry.
What is BSc Optometry?
Bachelor of Science in Optometry is a four year course where a student undergoes three years of education and one year of internship to become a qualified optometrist. To be eligible for this course you need to complete your 12th with a minimum of 50% and with Physics, Chemistry and Biology as base subjects. During the course, students get a clear understanding of the fundamentals of the human eye. The course also teaches the student about numerous medical equipment that are must-haves for every optometry student and practitioner to possess. Major subjects that are a part of this course are general physiology and ocular physiology, hospital procedures, low vision aids, geometrical optics, nutrition etc.
Why study BSc Optometry?
There are a plethora of courses that are available for a science student. There are many reasons why they must opt for a BSc in Optometry course from Rajasthan best university. Some of them are listed below.
- Once a student graduates, they can become a professional in the industry. The hands-on training and regular field visits, up-skill their knowledge base in the optometric practices, aspects of clinical optometry contact lenses, pediatric optometry and binocular vision eye diseases and treatments.
- During this course a student is familiarized with industrial safety programs. They get to work with road safety organizations and they can pursue their individual practice independently or can serve in government or privately managed organizations to contribute to the welfare of society.
- BSc Optometry degree serves as a basis for further higher studies in this field such as M.Sc., Ph.D. and M.Phil. Degree in Optometry, the successful completion of which makes one eligible for the post of a lecturer in any university/college.
- The scope for optometric practices in India and abroad is very wide and it is a dynamic and challenging career in which one could achieve personal growth and get respect from society.
- They can go for further higher studies and research work in the field of Optometry and take up the job of teacher/lecturer in several universities and colleges.
- After passing the course, they can establish an independent practice by starting their own eye clinic, optical shop, lens manufacturing unit, etc. During the course, students get a clear understanding of the fundamentals of the human eye.
What is the Scope of Optometry?
The graduates from BSc Optometry have ample opportunities waiting around the globe. You just need to be vigilant enough to grab it. This is because of the diverse skill-set that one possesses. A whole world of job opportunities opens up for the graduates of BSc in Optometry. These graduates are eligible enough to get job opportunities in various private and public sectors jobs in the relevant industry. They can find jobs in lens manufacturing units, optician showrooms, multinational companies dealing with eye care products, etc. Some of the posts are Optometrist, Optician, Sales Executive, Teacher, Eye Doctor, etc. The salary of the graduates depends on various factors including experience, skills and job profile.
What do we learn?
Bachelor of Science in Optometry is a three-year learning and one-year internship program based course. If you choose the Rajasthan best university for this course you are sure to carve a rewarding career for yourself.
i’m Abbas founder of review-informations.com. I am a professional seo export and a blogger. i’m provide high quality content.